Start your students in a professional cloud IDE on day one
Embed the cloud-based IDE directly into your course to power your coding instruction
- Powerful IDE supports over 50 programming languages, including Python, Java, C, C++, and HTML
- Online editor hosts VS Code, Jupyter Notebooks, R Studio, GitHub, and more
- Students work in one environment for all their coding assignments; no more cutting and pasting
- IDE runs any browser; no more complicated setups
Save time with a variety of new auto-grading options
- Unit tests, including new professional unit testing frameworks like Python unittest, JUnit, and more.
- Create custom bash tests to grade anything you can imagine: code style, execution outcomes, and more.
Collaborate in real-time with your students
- Work with your students in real-time in the same, live coding environment
- Give live feedback to your students as they’re coding
- Transform office hours by working together with students on assignments in their own IDE
Create real-world applications within the cloud IDE
- Serve projects as a web app with React or Angular frameworks
- View projects as a desktop GUI
- Build desktop programs and games with sound
Leverage more robust web programming options
- Students will see live-rendered previews of their web applications.
- Create or even upload your own advanced web application templates. Even libraries like React can be run and edited live.
- Look for updated zyBooks-created content soon!