The zyBooks Account Executive is responsible for driving sales growth of zyBooks in university/college accounts throughout North America. This includes mining opportunities in the 2-yr/4-yr college market and closing on those opportunities.
- Understanding the organizational structure, timing and seasonality, and the decision-making process in universities and community colleges.
- Understanding the needs and issues facing instructors who teach lower-division STEM courses, with emphasis on computer science, engineering and math.
- Developing account plans and strategy.
- Communicating educational needs, requirements and trends impacting zyBooks’s roadmap to the product development team.
- Providing accurate and timely pipeline and forecast information.
- Maintaining all sales activity data within zyBooks’s CRM.
- 3+ years of sales experience preferred.
- A record of success in sales, with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Prior experience in Education/EdTech sales is preferred, but not necessary. Particular experience selling to STEM college-level instructors is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Highly motivated and organized. Ability to work independently.
- A passion for making a difference in education.
Education BS/BA degree preferred.
The position is remote but candidates near Los Gatos, CA may enjoy more frequent in-person interactions with colleagues. Please apply with a resume and cover letter indicating why you think you’re good for this role.
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume or CV to careers@zyBooks.com